Job Type: Part-time
A Little About Us...
Founded in 1986, HawkWatch International is a raptor conservation nonprofit with a mission to conserve the environment through education, long-term monitoring, and scientific research on raptors as indicators of ecosystem health. As we celebrate our 35th anniversary, we are looking to add a member of our team who can help our organization soar into its next phase (and who likes a groan-worthy pun, obviously).
And Who We’re Looking For...
The Administrative Assistant is a new position created in an effort to create a more streamlined, efficient approach to our bookkeeping. As such, we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and detail-oriented. This position works directly with the Development & Communications Director and the Administration & Finance Director.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Record Reconciliation
- Enter and reconcile all revenue and donations in Quickbooks
- Enter and reconcile expenses in Quickbooks
- Reconcile gifts between our CiviCRM database and our Quickbooks database
- Work closely with department heads to ensure that gifts are entered accurately and coded properly
Communications and Engagement
- Assist Development Director in creating gift letters to donors in a timely manner
- Fulfill merchandise orders
- Update and clean CiviCRM database to keep information updated and free of duplicates
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Hawk-like eye for detail (Two puns in one description? Yep, this is your manager’s style.)
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize workload independently
- Comfort working with a remote manager
- Strong computer skills including experience with or a willingness to quickly learn new systems including Office software, Google products, Quickbooks and CiviCRM
Characteristics That Will Set You Apart
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Must be comfortable working with a remote team, and specifically a remote manager. Our team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Development & Communications Director is based outside of Utah permanently.
- Must be able to work out of the main HWI office in Salt Lake City, Utah after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides and the office reopens.
Salary & Benefits
This part-time position offers an hourly rate of salary $16 -$18 per hour depending on experience.
How To Apply
To apply complete the following application: Administrative Assistant Application. This application requires submitting a cover letter and resume.