Raptor Field Technician
Part-time/Temporary (Sept-Dec 2023)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience conducting nest surveys
- Previous experience on wildlife research projects
- Experience working independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations
- Excellent note-taking and report-writing skills
- Full valid driver’s license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet project needs
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for raptors and the environment
Desirable Skills and Experience
- BSc in environmental sciences
- Experience handling wild birds
- Basic GIS skills (mapping and interpreting survey routes and waypoints)
- Afrikaans language (conversational, spoken)
- Applicants must be flexible, adjusting hours and schedules to meet project needs. • Field trips will last between 5-10 days throughout the field season.
- The role is expected to require between 10-20 days per month.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration will be calculated as a daily rate based on experience; more information is available on request. No benefits are provided.
How to Apply
To apply provide a letter of motivation, CV, and two contactable references. Applications should be sent to email@example.com by September 8, 2023, for priority consideration. We plan to make an offer no later than September 18, 2023, and the successful candidate would need to be available to start within two weeks of this.